Friday, July 6, 2007

Your Prayers Please!!!!!!

I would greatly appreciate your prayers. I have been asked to go to a ladies retreat this fall and give my story. I talked to my family and prayed about it and have said that I would go.

Now, I would greatly appreciate your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have given parts of my story in the past. After working with a Woman at the Radio Station for a long time she finally talked me into telling part of my story on a pre-recorded radio program. She has a ministry called "Water Through the Word". It is a powerful ministry that she uses peoples stories to play over the air to encourage others. She mainly used women but, has had some men that would tell there story on her program. She took our interview and made it into 2 half hour programs. She has aired it in Cincinnati and Columbus. And, I believe she has aired it in a few other states also. She also made a 5 minute program from the interview that airs all over the United States on many radio stations. (This part of my story had to do with the childhood and young adulthood that I came out of and learning to Trust God with all of my heart)

The second time that I spoke I was asked to speak at a church and tell part of my story. This part of my story was more directed to how God helped me to develop some standards and where some of my struggles were and how God helped me to be an overcomer.

I need your prayers in the following areas:
~ I am scared to death to get in front of people. Everything inside of me screams out NO!!!!! I have a hard time remembering what I am saying, etc. (notes do work really well for that but, I lose my place)
~ The most important thing is for God's leadership to know exactly what part of my story to give. What part of my story would be the most help and encouragement to the women that I will be speaking to.
~ I want to share my story to Glorify God and show how God is an awesome God. How he heals our hurts and sooths our pain. How He uses our life situations to help us to grow in Grace and become closer to Him. How none of our experiences are ever wasted with God no matter how horrible the may or may not seem!

Thank you very much!

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Michelle, I will try to pray for you as you talk at the Women's Retreat! I know how nervous one can be getting up to speak in front of crowds. I will also ask God to make your story a blessing, to help heal others.

God bless,
Love, Heather =)

Gayle said...

We will be praying for you!
You all have been a blessing to us!
Love,
Sis E